Becoming a Member
The Horticultural Society welcomes all who are interested in
gardening, plants and all things horticultural. Member benefits
- Quarterly Bulletins
which contain reports and news of Society activities, seasonal
gardening notes, plant reviews and feature articles by experts in the
horticultural field. The Bulletin is issued in January, April, July and
October, and is available to members by email or post.
- Participation in monthly Information Evenings, held at 7.30pm on the third Monday of the month (January to November) in the Wesley Hall, Wesley Centre.
- Access to the Society's growing library.
- Coach Tours.
Recent tours have been to the Clarendon Plant Collectors Fair, the
Melbourne Flower Show and Bega gardens, and there have been extended
tours to Tasmania and New Zealand. This activity is restricted to
- HSOC Open Garden days by members. Entry is free and restricted to members.
- Participation in activities at the Society's garden at Bruce CIT where we are trialling a range of vegetables, perennials, daffodils, dahlias, hedging plants and climbers.
- Opportunity to buy fertilisers at special prices.
- Opportunity to involve yourself in the organisation of our four major shows each year.
- Many opportunities to seek the advice of genuine experts in a wide range of garden specialities.
- Your membership covers insurance for your participation in all events organised by the Society.
Annual membership fees are $25 single
and $35 for a double at the same address. Membership becomes
payable on 1 July and expires on 30 June each year. Membership
may be paid up to three years in advance and may be paid at
Information Evenings or Flower Shows, by direct deposit, or by mail to the following address:
G.P.O. Box 1388
Canberra. A.C.T. 2601.
If you would like to join the Society
you can view and print a membership application.
| Top |